A cookie is a file which is downloaded on your computer when you access certain websites. Cookies allow websites, among other things, to store and retrieve information about a user’s navigation habits or about their equipment, and depending on the information contained and the way the equipment is used, they can be used to recognize the user.
- Technical cookies: They are those which allow the user navigation through a website, platform, or application, and the use of the different options or services which they may contain, like, for instance, controlling the traffic and communication of data, identifying the session, accessing parts of restricted access, recalling the items which make up an order, carrying out the purchase process of an order, applying for registration or participation in an event, using security elements during navigation, storing contents for the dissemination of videos or sound, or sharing contents through social networks.
- Personalization Cookies: They are those which allow the user to access the service with some predefined features of general character following a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, like for instance the language, the type of web browser through which they access the service, the regional configuration from which they access the service, etc.
- Analysis Cookies: They are those which allow the entity responsible for them the followup and the analysis of users’ behavior in the websites to which they are linked. The information collected by means of this type of cookies is used in measuring the activity in the website, application or platform, and to elaborate navigation profiles of the users of such websites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements following the data of the use made by the service users.
- Advertising Cookies: They are those which allow the management, in the most efficient way, of the advertising space which, accordingly, the editor may have included in a website, application, or platform from which the requested service is provided based on criteria like the edited content or the frequency with which the advertisements are shown.
- Behavioral Advertising Cookies: They are those which allow the management, in the most efficient way, of the advertising space which, accordingly, the editor may have included in a website, application, or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information about the users’ behavior obtained through the continuous observation of their navigation habits, which allows developing a specific profile to show advertising accordingly.
How to block or remove cookies installed in your equipment
If you prefer to disable the cookies, you can block them or remove them from your web browser:
- cómo administrar cookies en Google Chrome
- cómo administrar cookies en Microsoft Internet Explorer
- cómo administrar cookies en Mozilla FireFox
- cómo administrar cookies en Apple Safari